Six Minutes Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Video)
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Six Minutes Procedure by Dr. Ali Reza
Laparoscropic cholecystectomy is a surgery that aims at removing gallbladder from the human body. It is considered as one of the most common surgical procedures which is performed with minimal invasive technique known as Laparoscropic Gallbladder Removal or Cholecystectomy. Gallbladder is regarded as a pear-shaped organ that performs function of collecting and concentrating digestive liquid which is produced by the liver. Removal of gallbladder from the body does not impair digestion system in most of the people.
A person suffers from Gallbladder problems when small and hard gallstones form in the bile duct or gallbladder. It is commonly seen that people with history of gallstones are usually affected from the condition, but it can affect any children or adult at any age. A person suffering from the condition usually experiences sharp abdominal pain, indigestion, vomiting, etc. The surgery becomes only resort when a person suffers from aforementioned condition and it is not treated with medications or non-invasive methods.
Procedure of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Surgery
Different surgeons perform the surgery in different time frame, however Dr. Ali Reza of Dubai is famous for performing the surgery within the time span of 6 minutes. He performs following steps during the procedure:
- Patients are given general anesthesia
- By making small incision at abdomen, a tiny telescope (laparoscope) is connected with special camera and is inserted into the cannula. This helps surgeon to view internal organs of the body of patients in television screen clearly.
- Gallbladder is removed with the help of one of the incisions.
- If surgeon finds stones in common bile duct, he will remove it with the help of special scope
- Once, gallbladder and stones are removed, incisions are closed with surgical tape or glue.
- Small incisions, less post-operative pain and faster recovery period are some of the main advantages of the surgery over other surgical methods.
- Once, patients start taking and digesting liquids, he is allowed to go to home.
- Patients are encouraged to take stairs after the surgery.
- Light lifting, driving and resuming with normal day to day activities is recommended within a week’s time.
If patients experience symptoms like worsening abdominal pain, vomiting, drainage from the incision, it is necessary to consult the surgeon and seek his advice on immediate basis.
When laparoscopic cholecystectomy surgery is performed within the time frame of six minutes by expert like Dr. Ali Reza, patients seldom experience any risk or problems after the surgery. So, if you have questions or concerns related to this surgery, Dubai based Dr Ali Reza is the best surgeon to answer your all queries.